Amahi is a a home server for the Power User in You. Here are some key features of "Amahi":
Monitor Your Disks:
· Monitor your disks, their individual and their total usage, their temperature and other status.
· View all your calendars via a web interface with a nice, printable interface, designed for quick and simple access.
Search your Stuff:
· Integration with open search, supported by most modern browsers, including Firefox and IE7. Search your HDA from any browser, locally or remotely.
· Seamless integration with iCal, the calendar client in Mac OSX.
· Wiki, out of the box. This the ideal wiki for home, personal or small workgroup use, with a very straightforward, simplified interface.
Vista Calendar Integration:
· Built-in support for synchronization with the calendar client in Windows Vista. Completely out of the box.
· Backup systems in your network. Full disk backup, with PBA, or daily backups to a network share.
· The Amahi server supports two methods of Outlook synchronization: Free-busy and iCalendar, the latter with Outlook 2007 only.
· The Amahi server is open source and it's based on Fedora. Ubuntu version coming soon. Linux provides a very stable and secure base to run your server on.
· A plugin architecture lets you install, create, port and easily deploy fully AJAX-enabled applications in Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python, Perl, Flash, ...
· Every Amahi server comes with a dynamic DNS name that you can use for whatever you like, including remote access, hosting your own web servers, etc.
First Class Networking:
· Simplify your networking. Run your own services: DHCP-integrated dynamic DNS, web servers, NAS servers, ..., all with a first-class network that you can easily manage.
What's New in This Release:
· Available in many native languages: Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian), Bulgarian, Chinese (traditional), Dansk (Danish), Deutsch (German), Greek, English, EspaÃ±ol (Spanish), FranÃ§ais (French), Italiano (Italian), Korean, Nederlands (Dutch), two flavors of Norsk (Norwegian): BokmÃ¥l and Nynorsk, Polski (Polish), PortuguÃªs (Portuguese), Russian and Svenska (Swedish).
Awesome job from the Amahi community!
· Based on Fedora 12, with
· Primary Domain Controller (PDC) support for Windows 7 (preliminary)
· Full support for a faster and more reliable file system (ext4)
· More hardware support and a lot of performance optimizations from networking to virtualization, to optimizations for Atom
· More secure: password protected setup pages
· Concept of Admin user. Setup pages are only available for admin users.
· 30% or more performance and memory improvements, courtesy of using passenger/mod_rails!
· Some internal improvements to make it easier to install and support Amahi on Ubuntu
· Separate Amahi and root mysql password for more modularity
· New and improved web based installer: no need to type commands any more to install Amahi
· Making networking simple: Automatic detection of network settings during install (yay!)
· Over 100 applications tested as working in Amahi 5.0
· Support for both 32 bit and 64 bit systems
· New security features for the dashboard as well for the app login pages have been implemented for your family's data security and added safety. Unleash your network but not at the risk of your data! These new feature implementations not only augment your network's security but also help you retain and efficiently manage the networking and backup of all the computers, game consoles and other devices in your network, and securely access your network from the internet. That's just the start of what you'll be able to do with Amahi 5.0.
· The openvpn service displays [FAILED] while booting, however, this is due to a race condition when the service is already running. It's not causing major issues other than the cosmetic [FAILED] in red.