Jan 24, 2010
KOffice project is an integrated office suite for KDE.KOffice features a full set of applications which work together seamlessly to provide the best user experience possible.KOffice components work together. Every program in the KOffice suite is a component which adds more functionality to the whole. You can embed any KOffice component in any other KOffice component, this is realised using the KParts object model from KDE.KOffice, like KDE, is a free project which is released under GPL-compatible open source licenses, e.g. GPL, LGPL and BSD.KOffice stays in active development. This means that KOffice is continually being improved, based on reports from users, evolving software technology and implementation of new features. Not all features are implemented yet in all applications.Some components are more complete than others, but many KOffice applications are already being used for productive professional work. If you want to make KOffice better, or just implement that one little feature you really need, don't hesitate to jump in and we will happily make your changes part of the next release for everyone to use and see. Here are some key features of "KOffice":
· KWord - A frame-based word processor capable of professional standard documents
· KSpread - A powerful spreadsheet application.
· KPresenter - A full-featured presentation program.
· Kivio - A Visio-style flowcharting application.
· Karbon14 - A vector drawing application.
· Krita - A pixel-based image manipulation program like The GIMP or Adobe Photoshop.
· Kugar - A tool for generating business quality reports.
· KChart - An integrated graph and chart drawing tool.
· KFormula - A powerful formula editor.
· Kexi - An integrated environment for managing data.
· Filters - Import and Export Filters for KOffice.
What's New in This Release:
· Make it possible to load shapes that are directly embedded in a document
· Donâ€™t offer encryption if the right QCA plugins arenâ€™t available
· Improve scrolling
· Correct the applying of the paragraph style.
· Many fixes to make KOffice compile with msvc
· Fix the ruler text drawing
· Fix: zooming tool doesnâ€™t zoom out (patch by Hans Bakker)
· Fix: painting of the ruler tabs
· Fix: Donâ€™t alter document when its not changed
· Fix: hiding/showing status bar widgets when switching between multiple views
· Fix: Make variables work
· Fix bugs 127934, 117567, 208003 and 189287: Fixes app-wide language changes to be honoured by the speller.
· Load documents with sections
· Support roman (lower and uppercase) and alphabetic (lower and uppercase) footnote numbering when importing .doc
· Fix crashes when opening certain RTF files
· Make ASCII import dialog appear on top of KWord
· Fix bullets and simple font information to text lines in powerpoint
· Fix right-to-left paragraph layout when loading .doc files
· Make the page style aware of directionality allowing the loading of documents that have directionality in the master style with only a table is also eligible to have a text-frame.)
· Fix clearing frames to remove the proper pages. (This fixes the bug that removing a lot of text will leave a lot of empty pages in some cases)
· Fix: when loading .doc, donâ€™t paint white backgrounds where none should be.
· Improve loading of tables in .doc documents, among other fixes: fix loading documents with table in headers.
· Make detecting the current page number work again.
· Donâ€™t crash when loading an encrypted .doc documen.t
· Fix unbalanced add/remove which caused shadow framesets to be created
· Fix auto-sorting order of frames going wrong in a simple usecase where we stack frames without making them full-width.
· Make reordering frames by moving them around work properly.
· Fix: crash on invalid odt document
· Fix: very very slow cleanup when loading document
· Fix: Moving content from a selected range of cells does not move the selected range
· Fix: Allow the deletion of a selected shape.
· Fix: Copy behaviour should be like in openoffice
· Fix: Improve row headers display
· Make it possible to load remote files
· Fixes bullets and simple font information to text lines in powerpoint
· Many fixes for the ppt importer, for instance when loading office art
· Show the paragraph dialog in the menus
· Fix: Fix the loading of an image in a place holder.
· Fix: Fix printing to pdf
· Fix: Crash launching simple presentation with text only
· Fix crash when removing scheduled resource.
· Show busy cursor for command that can take a lot of time.
· Donâ€™t crash when embedded as KPart
· Work package: Get resources from the currently selected schedule manager (if scheduled).
· resource assignment Gantt view is now almost usable
· Fix entry of duration/estimate
· Fix issues in pdf import (set page number as name for page groups, use font name if font family is empty)
· Fix issues in svg import, among others a speedup
· Use KoXML for svg and filter parsing
· set/change layer z-index when adding/raising/lowering layers
· Fix: Using â€œSubtract pathsâ€ often just deletes the entire object
· Fix: group order breaks in karbon
· In general, stability improved a lot.
· Improve loading of 3d brush visualisation models: smudge finger is shown correctly
· Add a stylus 3d brush visualisation model
· Krita fits correctly in the 1024Ã—768 minimum resolution
· Fix refreshing of brush previews
· Fix showing image after applying â€œshadowâ€ layer effect
· Improved brush outline cursor
· Fix: insert shape layer at the top of the layer stack
· Fix: cancelling long running operations is possible again
· Make the xyzaf32.ctlp profile work with 16bit as well
· Fix many memory leaks
· Fix: also accept image4 shiva generators
· Reorder the layer and mask menus
· Fix the erase composite operation
· Make indirect painting work on masks
· Fix: color filter using only the last curve
· Fix: show progress update when painting a gradient or filling an area
· Optimize the spray brush engine
· Reorganize and optimize the projection recomposition
· Show progress when separating an image
· Fix the layer properties dialog to show the colorspace
· Fix showing only a subset of channels if there is only one layer
· Fix undo of image and layer type conversion
· Fix: prevent autobrush widget from getting bigger if brush is too big
· Donâ€™t crash when quitting krita while a filter is running (208341)
· Fix: select a contiguous area tool creates an empty selection if fuzziness set to zero
· Fix: show brush outline cursor with all tools
· Fix: recomposition of layered images is improved and threaded again
· Fix: the selected Predefined Brush is not active until another setting is changed
· Fix: grayscale template is not fully loaded
· Fix: krita crashes when opening and closing several views/images
· Fix: crash when opening .ora file from the recent documents list
· Fix: Bug 206526: Display of image is broken when the Preferences window is used
· Fix: Display of images open with the startup dialog.
· Fix: layers disappearing when dropped on a cloned layer
· Fix: crash when adding a transparency mask to a layer.
· Fix: Do not crash when quitting while filter is running
· Fix: the brush has a double size of what it should when the size sensor is disabled.
· Fix: Serialization of the settings of the rate paintop, and use a decent default value.
· Fix: Donâ€™t allow to create image when there is no profile for a color space.
· Fix crash
· Fix: Add column or row on an empty table in a chart crashes the app
· Fix various crashes
· properly save page breaks
· Erase caret when switching between text and header
· Fix display errors in style docker
· Make clicking within a table to place the cursor work correctly
· Fix tabs being placed incorrectly on machines with different x and y dpiâ€™s
· Fix: pressing backspace at start of doc deletes next char
· Make empty shapes not show random text
· Fix text sometimes disappearing on adding a shape to the set
· Fix fixed-linespacing with different fontsizes.
· Fix: crash when re-editing a textShape
· Some fixes for the paragraph tool
· Fix the non glue point on the connectionTool.
· Fix: Crash on ending connector