Feb 13, 2010
ULTILEX is a Live CD Linux distribution which contains other Live Linux distributions, such as Slax, Finnix, Puppy or DSL. You can boot ULTILEX from CD/DVD, as well as from USB device.When you boot, the first thing you see is a beautiful startup screen where you can choose which Live Linux distribution to run. The current version of ULTILEX is 2.1.0 and it "wraps" the following Live Linux distributions:* Slax 6.0.9* Finnix 92.1* System Rescue CD 1.1.6* Puppy Linux 4.1.2* Damn Small Linux 4.1.10One very interesting feature of ULTILEX is that you can easily install it on USB flash device and save the changes you've made durign the live session on it. You can modify files and even install/remove modules and all your changes are saved on the USB flash.
To install on USB flash device, follow these steps (applied from Slax):1. Copy all files and folders from the CD to the root folder of your USB flash device.2. Execute "/boot/bootinst.sh" (for Linux), or "ootootinst.bat" (for Windows).3. That's all. You are ready to boot ULTILEX from your USB flash device! What's New in This Release:
· Slax is updated to version 6.1.1
· System Rescue CD is updated to version 1.2.2
· Puppy Linux is updated to version 4.2.1
· Parted Magic is updated to version 4.3.
· Clonezilla is no longer available, because now it is part of Parted Magic
· Tiny Core version 2.1 is added to the distribution.