Media Tagger is an application intended for editing comments (tags) in multimedia sound files.
If you are at least a bit experienced computer user and are familiar with the terms “MP3” and “ID3”, then you don’t need to read this article. If not, you may find some useful information here.
MP3 (MPEG Layer 3) is a music-file format. Every MP3 file may (but doesn’t necessarily have to) contain an ID3 tag. This is actually an information, stored right in that MP3 file.
The ID3 tag has several cells you can set. These are the Songtitle, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Comment and several more such as Composer, Original artist, Copyright, URL, Encoder type, etc.
All experienced and conscientious MP3 collectors (and not only them – me too :)) maintain their ID3 tags and keep them up to date. Though, it’s very laborious to fill them in manually.
Let’s take the classic MP3 player – WinAMP. Of course, you may use it to fill in the tags, but you have to browse through the files – one after another – press Alt+3 and enter all the desired information. But MEDIA Tagger is here to solve this problem.
Media Tagger lets you modify any number of files at a time in an easy way. You may synchronize ID3v1 with ID3v2, name the file according to the tag or vice versa or format the letter capitalization in the file’s name.
You may create a WinAMP playlist (m3u, pls), create a file listing for Excel (csv) or Notepad (txt) or generate it as a HTML page, all this with just one click.
Here are some key features of "Media Tagger":
· Full support MP3, VQF, WMA, OGG, APE, MPC, AAC and FLAC files.
· Additional (lossless) formats Speex, WavPack, OptimFrog, Lossless Audio, LPAC and TTA.
· Tags support ID3v1, ID3v2 Lyrics & Pictures, Lyrics3 v2.0, APE version 1&2, Vorbis comments.
· Easy multi-file tags editing and renaming.
· Creating Winamp compatibile PLS, M3U and B4S playlists.
· Downloading TAGs from FreeDB and LocalDB database (www.freedb.org).
· Export file list and tags to the (.txt, .nfo, .diz) text files, CSV text files and HTML pages with using Template files.
· Internal file player (mp3 and wma only).
· Play your multimedia files in Winamp while editing Tags.
· Swaping TAG fields and char case formating.
· Checking file length for 64 chars (on CD).
· Fixing track numbers.
· ID3v1 and ID3v2 synchronizing.
· Multilanguage support.
· Store settings and other data in .ini file.
· Drag & Drop support for opening files and pictures.
· Integrate in system context menu.
· Formating filename form TAG, and importing to TAG.